No Shoes for a Week
As our third and newest location, the villa at Playa Colorado is our most luxurious surf pad. Just steps from the beach, you can ditch the shoes and sink your toes into the soft sand for an entire week. Experienced surfers will never want to leave, since you’ve got three advanced breaks within walking distance and more just a quick drive away. An hour north is San Juan del Sur, home to Chica Brava headquarters and a variety of other surf spots. This lavish hacienda has 4 bedrooms and all the creature comforts to make you feel right at home. When you’re ready to take a break from the waves, there’s more water waiting for you in the refreshing pool.
Inside the posh golf-and-beach community of Hacienda Iguana, our private villa is just a shell’s toss from the sand at Playa Colorado. It’s on the Tola coast just an hour north from San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Playa Colorado beckons surfers with its long, hollow waves rolling right off shore. Within the gated grounds are the 9-hole golf course, Rio Dulce clubhouse, sprawling lawns, and community pool. We’re particularly fond of the waves near the river mouth, considered one of the punchiest breaks in Central America. Needless to say, anything over 3-feet means it’s pretty much going off.
a place to create memories, share a passion for
surfing, have fun, and build long-lasting friendships.
What’s Included at
the Playa Colorado?
- Seven nights accommodations with A/C
- Airport transfer (scheduled times)
- Daily breakfast and dinner at the Villa
- Six days of expert surfing instruction
- Six days of surf theory
- Daily individualized goal setting and check-ins
- Daily filming of surf sessions
- Daily video analysis sessions
- Daily use of surfboard and equipment
- Daily transportation to surf spots by 4×4
- Daily full-time hosting and activity coordinating
- Two yoga classes
- One one-hour massage
- Sightseeing trip through Granada upon arrival
- Day trip to San Juan del Sur during the week
- Chica Brava swag bag
- Chica Brava Surf Shop discount
- Full-length Professional Photo/Video USB: $80/person
- Extra Massages: $35/hour
- Extra Yoga: $10/drop-in or $50/private class
- Zip-line Canopy Tour: $25/person or $5/hiking pass
- Horseback Riding Tour: $75/person (5hrs; followed by rum shots)
- Catamaran Tour: $80/person (6 hrs; open bar)
What’s on Tap?
When you arrive at Chica Brava surf retreat, we’ll run you thorough the property, orientation, and the week’s schedule. Below is an example of a typical week in our hood.
6:00AM Coffee’s On!
7:30AM Theory Lesson and Video Feedback Review
8:00AM Surfs Up! Playa Colorado
2:00PM Option: Horseback Riding Tour
5:30PM Sunset Yoga
7:00PM Dinner and Mid-week Check-in
9:00 PM Surf Flick: Endless Summer
6:00AM Coffee’s On!
7:30AM Theory Lesson and Goal Check-in
8:00AM Surf’s Up! Los Perros
2:00PM Option: Catamaran Tour
9:00PM Surf Flick: North Shore
Custom Surf Retreat Packages
We also specialize in the following custom packages for all occasions, experience levels, and ages.
- Fit 50+ (Click here for our Surf Retreats for Women 50+)
- Bachelorette Parties
- Mother-daughter Week
- Co-ed Groups
- Couples Escapes
- Family Week
- Surf + Spanish Immersion
- Surf + Volunteer
- Family Reunion Surf Trips
Shared Room, $2,100/pp
Private room, $2,800/pp