Surf Camp for Grown Ups
Smack-dab in the center of San Juan del Sur, this funky little surf house is known as our Chica Brava headquarters. It’s ideal for budget-conscious travelers who want to be in the heart of all the action. Directly across the street from the beach, the property is designed with local flavor in mind, with terracotta tile floors, brightly colored walls, paintings by local artists, and hammocks in nearly every corner. Curl up with a book in the open-air lounge or head to the “board room” to pick your stick from our massive quiver. All four rooms have a/c and a shared or private bath. Shops, bars, and restaurants are all within walking distance, meaning bring earplugs if you’re a light sleeper or better yet, go out and join the party!
“The best surfer out there is
the one having the most fun.”
San Juan del Sur
At the Surf House, you can just grab a board and walk across the street to paddle in the bay. We prefer taking advantage of the five breaks all within 5-7 miles of San Juan.
When you’re not in the water, you can get lost in San Juan’s small town charm. You can buy coconuts from a grocery truck, play soccer in the street, or be greeted by locals after just a few days. In less than two hours, you’ll be in the capital city of Managua and less than 30 minutes, you’ll be in Costa Rica—but we doubt you’ll ever want to leave.
San Juan del Sur lures openhearted travelers with its pristine beaches, flavorful cuisine, festive nightlife, warm locals, and above all, consistent surf. Its hospitable nature is found in any of the quaint shops and restaurants that line the three-block town center.
Come get lost in San Juan del Sur so it can find you.
facilitates personal growth through support and accomplishment,
leaving women empowered, challenged, and feeling capable
of more than they ever imagined.
What’s Included at
the Surf House?
- Seven nights accommodations with A/C
- Airport transfer (scheduled times)
- Daily Breakfast
- Six days of expert surfing instruction
- Six days of surf theory
- Daily individualized goal setting and check-ins
- Daily filming of surf sessions
- Daily video analysis sessions
- Daily use of surfboard and equipment
- Daily transportation to surf spots by 4×4
- Daily full-time hosting and activity coordinating
- Two guided nights out on the town
- Two yoga classes
- One one-hour massage
- Sightseeing trip through Granada upon arrival
- Chica Brava swag bag
- Chica Brava Surf Shop discount
- Full-length Professional Photo/Video USB: $80/person
- Extra Massages: $35/hour
- Extra Yoga: $10/drop-in or $50/private class
- Zip-line Canopy Tour: $25/person or $5/hiking pass
- Horseback Riding Tour: $75/person (5hrs; followed by rum shots)
- Catamaran Tour: $80/person (6 hrs; open bar)
Strong. Beautiful. Fearless.
What’s on Tap?
When you arrive at Chica Brava surf retreat, we’ll run you thorough the property, orientation, and the week’s schedule. Below is an example of a typical week in our hood.
6:00AM Coffee’s On!
7:30AM Theory Lesson and Video Feedback Review
8:00AM Surfs Up! Playa Remanso
2:00PM Option: Horseback Riding Tour
5:30PM Sunset Yoga
7:00PM Dinner and Mid-week Check-in
9:00 PM Surf Flick: Blue Crush
6:00AM Coffee’s On!
7:30AM Theory Lesson and Goal Check-in
8:00AM Surf’s Up! Playa Hermosa
2:00PM Option: Zipline Canopy Tour
7:30PM Dinner on your own
9:00PM Girls night out
Custom Surf Camp Packages
We also specialize in the following custom packages for all occasions, experience levels, and ages.
- Fit 50+ (Click here for our Surf Retreats for Women 50+)
- Bachelorette Parties
- Mother-daughter Week
- Co-ed Groups
- Couples Escapes
- Family Week
- Surf + Spanish Immersion
- Surf + Volunteer
- Family Reunion Surf Trips
Shared Room, $1,290/pp
Private room, $1,890/pp